Congrats on arriving here, my start here page, rather than being lured in by the rest of the navigation bar. The purpose of this page is to introduce myself but also to signpost you in the right direction.
This website is a collection of things I am working on currently.
What I’m working on
- I work as a Senior Communications Officer for Malaria Consortium, one of the world’s leading non-profits specialising in the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases across Africa and Asia. I’m based in London, U.K.
- At MC, I help to create various types of communications, including on the Malaria Consortium blog and newsletters.
- I’m also working to steward our relationship with public donors through our partnerships with organisations like Effective Altruism and GiveWell.
- I occasionally travel to Malaria Consortium projects to document them for communications purposes.
- I want to use the skills I have learned doing communications for charities to help other organisations with fewer resources or capacity. If you’re a non-profit organisation and would like some free help with your external comms, let’s talk.
- ashleygiles.me – yes, this website. I’m working with Druphie to perfect its minimal beauty. I will occasionally post on my Journal here.
- I’m building a writing habit in an effort to be a better writer. I’m doing this by increasing the quantity of writing, both online and with a pen and paper.
- In support of my writing habit, I’ve started a newsletter, Three Quarters Coffee. It is, predictably, about coffee as this is something I find it easy to have opinions about. Do go and sign up!